Close

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    139,369
    Rep Points
    41,985.2
    Mentioned
    2444 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    420


    Yes Reputation No

    Article: Tuned F10 M5 vs. tuned E63 AMG S vs. FBO GTR E85 vs. 997 TT vs. CLS63 AMG

    A lot of runs here from some German muscle cars. The first few minutes of video feature BimmerBoost member @Mdrivr and his Precision tuned manual F10 M5 going up against a Precision tuned W212 Mercedes-AMG E63 S. The M5 manages to pull up top each time.

    Click here to enlarge

    Impressive considering it is a manual. Not surprising since we know Precision's M S63TU tunes make more power than their AMG M157 tunes. Plus the F10 M5 is lighter than the all wheel drive E63 S by roughly 200 pounds. BMW's 4.4 liter twin turbo V8 continues to prove superior to AMG's 5.5 liter twin turbo V8.

    After the E63 AMG S The F10 M5 runs a full bolt on GTR on E85. Unfortunately, we get a chase view but it looks close between the two.

    This same GTR then takes on a tuned 997.1 Turbo. The Turbo gets a big jump and the race is over before it begins.

    The next run features a Weistec upgraded CLS63 AMG M157 with Enzo tuning against the GTR. The CLS63 jumps and wins easily partially thanks to going early.

    The Precision tuned E63 AMG S and the Enzo Tuned CLS63 AMG go at it next. The CLS63 pulls up top.

    Later on a Dinan tuned M5 takes on the Precision tuned E63 AMG S. The Dinan car getting smoked is the predictable result.

    With some better camera work, editing, and less chase views these videos could be much better but there are some good runs in here.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NJ | NYC
    Posts
    489
    Rep Points
    192.1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    PT M5 vs Enzo CLS63 is next , seems like the 2 fastest car there other than the 997 Enzo Porsche.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    493
    Rep Points
    612.0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    I can't stand the look on the porsche drivers face at 4:05.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    72
    Rep Points
    39.9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Easter Gaptize Bunny visited Mexico
    Cls63 Silver weistec 3 enzo tune
    Gtr full bolt ons, cobb tune, full E85
    E63s white precision tune,dp,meth boost juice
    Porsche enzo tune,turbo,e85,intercool modded
    SG M5 Dinan tune, dinan exhaust
    M5 camera car
    F10M5Manual | UUC Short Shifter | Full 3" Custom DP + Exhaust | AEM Kit | Stage 1 | RH Intakes | Kevin/Precision Tuning | ACS Springs | Coded CodeMyCar | Vorsteiner Front Lip | |Spike WHP don't Mean Sh*t | Give me a Smooth PowerBand Graph and maybe i can Appreciate the time put into it | @Rborrow14

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    272
    Rep Points
    531.3
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    The only CLS's there I saw were biturbo... Unless there is some compound boost CLS63 running around i dont know about.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    894
    Rep Points
    440.3
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mdrivr Click here to enlarge
    Easter Gaptize Bunny visited Mexico
    Cls63 Silver weistec 3 enzo tune
    Gtr full bolt ons, cobb tune, full E85
    E63s white precision tune,dp,meth boost juice
    Porsche enzo tune,turbo,e85,intercool modded
    SG M5 Dinan tune, dinan exhaust
    M5 camera car
    Props to rowing those gears!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    139,369
    Rep Points
    41,985.2
    Mentioned
    2444 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    420



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by johnnyblaze Click here to enlarge
    The only CLS's there I saw were biturbo... Unless there is some compound boost CLS63 running around i dont know about.
    You're right, that's not really clear. Maybe they meant Weistec upgraded turbos with Enzo tune.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    272
    Rep Points
    531.3
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    I think they mean W.3 upgraded turbos with tune.
    Even though, I've seen w.3's get beat in the 1/2 by FBO stock turbo biturbos.
    Maybe the Enzo tune is making the difference. No hate, but I think Weistec's tunes are very minimal, maybe playing it safe.

    Either way that CLS is moving...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    139,369
    Rep Points
    41,985.2
    Mentioned
    2444 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    420



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by johnnyblaze Click here to enlarge
    No hate, but I think Weistec's tunes are very minimal, maybe playing it safe.
    They are safe but I don't think they play it that conversative.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by johnnyblaze Click here to enlarge
    Even though, I've seen w.3's get beat in the 1/2 by FBO stock turbo biturbos.
    Depends on if the car is RWD or AWD too.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NJ | NYC
    Posts
    489
    Rep Points
    192.1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    @Mdrivr #NoExcuse looks good!
    F80 ZCP DCT Tune Only | BM3 Custom E85 100-200 5.9s, 60-130mph 6.7s
    -HCP E60 60-130 6.90s / 100-200 5.9s
    -HCP E40 60-130mph 7.6s
    -BM3 E30 OTS 60-130mph 7.8s

    X4 M40i CTSTurbo D.P/FMIC
    BM3 STG2 93 4.19s 0-60 | 12.4@109mph 1/4 m

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    371
    Rep Points
    469.2
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by johnnyblaze Click here to enlarge
    I think they mean W.3 upgraded turbos with tune.
    Even though, I've seen w.3's get beat in the 1/2 by FBO stock turbo biturbos.
    Maybe the Enzo tune is making the difference. No hate, but I think Weistec's tunes are very minimal, maybe playing it safe.

    Either way that CLS is moving...
    Fbo of the shelf weistec tune n weistec hybrids (half a hybrid if u ask me) vs m5 on racegas targeting 30psi prob peaking 27psi over 720whp of course the Amg will get mopped up

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    72
    Rep Points
    39.9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    mine is on Pump tune and 22lbs-23lbs only jimmy.
    F10M5Manual | UUC Short Shifter | Full 3" Custom DP + Exhaust | AEM Kit | Stage 1 | RH Intakes | Kevin/Precision Tuning | ACS Springs | Coded CodeMyCar | Vorsteiner Front Lip | |Spike WHP don't Mean Sh*t | Give me a Smooth PowerBand Graph and maybe i can Appreciate the time put into it | @Rborrow14

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    371
    Rep Points
    469.2
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mdrivr Click here to enlarge
    mine is on Pump tune and 22lbs-23lbs only jimmy.
    U know I'm not talking about urs bro,just throwin it out there that people need to be aware of it as its not apples to apples as aggressive/reckless running plays a bigger roll than mods

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    121
    Rep Points
    96.6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    E63S vs PT M5 , was it 2 people in the Benz and driver in the M5 ? good races , thanks for sharing
    Hellcat 1300+
    RS3
    E63S sold
    S4 b5 sold
    WK2 s/c sold

    IG SDRPerformance

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    371
    Rep Points
    469.2
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gzim335 Click here to enlarge
    U know I'm not talking about urs bro,just throwin it out there that people need to be aware of it as its not apples to apples as aggressive/reckless running plays a bigger roll than mods
    Aggressive *tuning

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,160
    Rep Points
    976.0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gzim335 Click here to enlarge
    Fbo of the shelf weistec tune n weistec hybrids (half a hybrid if u ask me) vs m5 on racegas targeting 30psi prob peaking 27psi over 720whp of course the Amg will get mopped up
    Exactly octane+tuning for it with increased boost is everything on F/I cars. Also didn't see it in title but the m5 is on hybrid turbos racing a tune only e63s. Either way s63tu is showing crazy potential now next step is built motors and these cars will be making crazy power

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,160
    Rep Points
    976.0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They are safe but I don't think they play it that conversative.



    Depends on if the car is RWD or AWD too.
    Weistecs off the shelf tunes are deff very safe and pretty conservative i felt big difference after a dyno tune by them.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    139,369
    Rep Points
    41,985.2
    Mentioned
    2444 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    420



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Also didn't see it in title but the m5 is on hybrid turbos racing a tune only e63s
    Good point I should have included that. I figure you guys all know his car already but I should have specified for others.

    My bad on that.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    139,369
    Rep Points
    41,985.2
    Mentioned
    2444 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    420



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Weistecs off the shelf tunes are deff very safe and pretty conservative i felt big difference after a dyno tune by them.
    You're going to see gains with any custom dyno tune over any canned tune.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •